Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sketch and Spring!

Rachelle Anne Miller Magic Fairy Stamp colored with
Copics and Tombows.
Papers: Imaginisce - Twitterpated and ki - Bloom

Thursday!! Oh, you tease of a day. So close to Friday... but not.

Oh well!

This week, the universe aligned with me. For years I have coveted this lovely acrylic stamp by Rachelle Anne Miller. I just found her on sale and snapped her up. Yep. I put my desire for a printer and camera on hold to spend a few pesos on this fantastic specimen of a stamp. Oh, universe ... I would like to submit her to Flutter by Wednesday's butterfly or fairy challenge and Fab'n'Funky's angels and fairies challenge. See?! The universe aligned! Fairies are popular this week!

Actually, I bought her with what was left of a rebate after I made a donation at Saturated Canary for the Give Big thing. I knew there was instant karma associated with that!

To complete her, observe the awesomeness of the sketch over at The Sweetest Thing! Cool, right? I think I might have picked some rather busy papers to go with, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity  to save some paper. Each of these lovely pieces are double-sided, so it was a personal challenge to minimize paper use. Even those flowers are cut from the double-sided papers!

On another note, my technologically challenged self has figured out how to add those blinky things! Talk about a pain in the patootie! ... but I do feel rather accomplished now that it's there... and I've managed to turn off the mysterious and abominable word verification doo-hickey.

Go me!

Enjoy what's left of the teasing-est day of the week and keep it crafty!


5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little fairy girl. Too cute. Your card is very nice. Thank you for joining us this week in the FBW challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty card Kibbi, I can see why you snapped up that stamp - she's lovely.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great image! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, judit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at the FBW Challenge!

    ReplyDelete